Welcome to

   The Northwest Arkansas

Economic Development District, Inc.

NWAEDD Plaza 818 Highway 62-65-412 North

 P.O. Box 190 Harrison, Arkansas 72602-0190  (870) 741-5404   FAX (870) 741-1905


Divisions and Programs



Economic Development

Planning and Research

Grants Administration

Senior Services


Workforce Investment

Revolving Loan Fund

Delta Regional Authority

Contact the Staff


Welcome to the Farmington Senior Center!



Michelle Everett  -   Site Manager
340 West Main
Farmington, Arkansas 72730
(479) 267-5709

Hours of Operation: 

8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday


What to Expect:
Services Offered at All Senior Centers

Transportation - The area's Senior Centers offer transportation services to seniors, operating wheelchair-accessible vans which travel on scheduled routes.  Transportation is available for many types of activities, including medical appointments, shopping, personal errands, and even group trips to social and entertainment events.

Socialization - Our Senior Centers are enthusiastic about providing a wide variety of socialization opportunities for participants.  Life should be fun, and we strive to make it so!  During regular hours of operation, choices of activities usually include table games, billiards, computer classes, exercise classes, music events, public speakers, and more.  Each Center is equipped with gym and exercise gear, including treadmills, stationary bikes, and weight lifting equipment. Group socialization is encouraged, but if a participant prefers a quiet place to read or chat with friends, the opportunities and space are also available.

Congregate Meals - The most important meal of the day may well be the one you enjoy with friends!  Each weekday at lunchtime, between 11:30 and 12:30, our Senior Centers serve hot, nutritious meals.

Meals on Wheels - One of our most important services is the Meals on Wheels Program, operated by this area's Senior Centers.  Each day, Monday through Friday, hot meals are delivered to the area's homebound elderly, and frozen meals ready for microwaving are delivered for weekends and holidays.  The meals are cooked fresh daily, and are nutritionally planned and balanced.

Who is Eligible?

Eligibility criteria, as with all of our programs, is that each person must be age 60 or over, or the spouse of someone age 60 or over who attends the center. The spouse can be any age.

Under very limited circumstances, services may be provided to some clients who are under age 60.  Please contact Kaye Curtiss, Senior Services Program Director, for details, at (870) 741-8007


What is the Cost?

All of the programs and services offered by the Senior Services Program are available at no cost, and with no income guidelines or requirements.  However, please note that the program relies heavily on contributions for meals and transportation services.

Some of our funding is allocated to us based on low-income participants. Therefore, income information is requested, but is not required.

Coffee and Tea service is not considered a part of the meal service by our funding source. Both items are offered as a service to our participants, but there is no funding for these items. As a result, participants must pay a small fee each time they consume coffee or tea.

Funding for congregate meals does not cover 100% of our cost to provide this service. We receive no Medicaid funding at all.  In fact, only about 49% of the cost of each meal is paid by government sources. The remaining 51% must be raised locally. Therefore, each center has a suggested meal donation posted. We ask each person receiving a meal to donate as much as you can afford to pay for this service. Donations should be paid by each person receiving a meal and should be made each time a meal is received.